28 May 2013

Paul McCusker on His Journey to Catholicism

“I shudder to think of it now. There I was at a CS Lewis conference and the esteemed teacher Peter Kreeft had been talking about ten things to learn from JRR Tolkien about evil. A brilliant talk. And, at the break, I had a chance to corner Kreeft to ask him a few questions. In the course of that short conversation, he mentioned to me how he had become a Catholic while attending Calvin College.

“Everyone else probably knew it, but I didn’t. And I was surprised. But here’s the thing that surprised me and makes me shudder to think of it now: my immediate thought was, ‘How could a man this smart be a Catholic?’

In a recent commentary, author Paul McCusker reflected on aspects of his journey to Catholicism.

To access Mr. McCusker’s complete post, please visit:

Roman Catholic Spiritual Direction: Putting the “Big” in Bigotry (23 MAY 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment