22 May 2013

Randy Hain on Accepting Help from Others

“Back in 2006, shortly after I came into the Catholic Church, a friend and fellow parishioner shared an observation with me after Mass one morning which had a profound effect on me:  ‘Randy, I have noticed that you really enjoy helping people.  But, you are very uncomfortable when people try to help you.  By not allowing them the opportunity to help, you are denying them the very grace you are receiving from God when you help them.’  This fraternal correction from a man I respected stopped me in my tracks and the conversation has stayed with me over the years.”

In a recent commentary, Randy Hain, Senior Editor for The Integrated Catholic Life, reflected on why persons may struggle to receive help from others and what we may be denying others when we are not accepting their help.

To access Mr. Hain’s complete post, please visit:

The Integrated Catholic Life: The Paradox of Help (7 MAR 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment