05 May 2013

Austin Ruse on the Process of Conversion

“The snotty assistant professor stood in front of his political science class ragging on religion. Thirty-five years later, I still bristle.

“I thought how dare he so easily dismiss the thing that has occupied the greatest minds of all time. I think the same thing today, but with gratitude, too. This comment led me into a search, not for God but for religion.

“I believed in God but was a fallen-away Methodist. I spent my college years ghosting my way through classes, chasing girls, dabbling in politics. Religion? No thanks. This stupid comment, though, was the beginning of my search for Catholicism.”

In a recent commentary, Austin Ruse, president of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute, reflected on some of the elements that make up the process of conversion.

To access his complete post, please visit:

The Catholic Thing: Glimpses of Conversion (3 MAY 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment