07 February 2019

Jessie Bazan on Bullet Journaling

"A young man with a cognitive disability greeted me on a recent trip to the grocery store. His joy radiated across the citrus fruits aisle. Tears welled in my eyes. Not two seconds later, the man spotted his dad and raced toward the salad dressing. The moment passed quickly as most moments do - but not before I made a note in my journal: Grocery store man. So friendly. Tears.

"By estimate, I encounter somewhere around 100 people and tend to even more tasks each day. The sheer volume of daily interactions makes it hard to recall each one. I'm afraid grocery store man's glow - and the way it touched my heart - would have been lost in the bustle if not for a new prayer practice I'm trying out: Bullet journaling with an Ignatian twist."

A recent U.S. Catholic commentary by writer Jessie Bazan offered an overview of this process of bullet journaling.

To access the complete essay, please visit:

U.S. Catholic: Strengthen your spirit by bullet journaling - with an Ignatian twist (February 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment