18 September 2019

Fr. Ed Looney on Fishing, the Gospels, and the Spiritual Life

"The parishes I serve in southern Door and Kewaunee counties in Wisconsin are surrounded by bodies of water. One is close to the Bay of Green Bay, off which, many of my parishioners live. The other is situated closer to Lake Michigan. In my two-plus years at the parishes, many of my parishioners have shared their fish tales and offered to take me out one night. That happened a few weeks ago.

"Even though it was a recreational experience, with the eyes of faith because of who I am, I experienced fishing through a spiritual lens, opening up new insights about the Gospels and the spiritual life."

In a recent commentary, Father Edward Looney reflected on these lessons, including the need for taking time to think, pray, ponder, and be in awe; the need for patience and hard work in evangelization; and the need for a guide, .

To access Fr. Looney's complete article, please visit:

Catholic Digest: Spirituality What my first fishing trip taught me about the Gospels, evangelization, and the spiritual life (8 AUG 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment