02 March 2010

Christian Music Note

I recently found out that one of the persons I work with, Mike Catanzaro, is part of the team that runs The Upper Room, a Christian coffeehouse in West Warwick (RI).

Years ago, when Myrna and I were first going out, I periodically would take her to one of the area Christian coffee houses (if I remember correctly, we went to ones in Attleboro, Providence, and Warwick). I remember confiding with her about a dream I had for a monthly newsletter covering Christian music events (coffeehouses, concerts, etc.) throughout New England, with one list covering the artists and where they were appearing and another list covering venues and the Christian music events happening there.

This dream did become a reality, and, for many years, I published the monthly newsletter, New England Christian Music. Unfortunately, it eventually became too much for me to continue doing it the way I was (the time for the research, editing, etc.), and I had to discontinue it. I still occasionally think wistfully of this venture and wonder if there is a way I could do it online or in some other way. Oh, well. . . .

I am very grateful the support I received from the various artists and from the people running the venues, and I do ask the Lord's continued blessing on each of them and thier ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment