31 March 2010

Jesus and Simon of Cyrene

"They pressed into service a passer-by, Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross." - Mark 15:21

Today's Daily Update reflection from Disciples Now:

"You may not have to pick up a cross today to help Jesus but you surely can help another by easing their burden. - Jesus, the Son of God, needed and accepted assistance. Simon wandered in from Cyrene just in time to help lift the cross. That says a lot about who needs help and who can give it - everyone! . . . If you respond, you can be like Simon helping Jesus with the Cross."

May my heart be open to those You place in my life for me to help, and may I help each one in the same way Simon helped You, Lord. May I see You and serve You in each person with whom I come in contact this day and each day. May I also accept help when I need it in the same spirit with which You accepted help from Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment