15 March 2010

Intentions and Their Follow-Up

"A kind intention or thoughtful consideration is often gratifying. On the other hand, procrastination or deferring can be exasperating and irksome. Often people put things off interestingly enough because they feel that what they are expected to do must be perfect. Rev. Robert H. Schuller, the notable pastor from California's Crystal Cathedral in wisely observed: 'Better to something imperfectly than to nothing flawlessly.' Recall the maxim: 'Actions speak louder than words!'" – Fr. Robert O.P. (from a recent Daily Inspiration from the Dominican Shrine of Saint Jude, Chicago, IL)

This is something I often have to be aware of. What immediately come to mind is my editing/writing - for example when I am preparing something for publication. I strive for perfection, and sometimes I am so focused on making the newsletter or other written piece just right that I miss a deadline. This is, indeed, something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment