19 March 2010

Thought Starters as We Celebrate Saint Joseph

"Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you are serving the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:23-24 (Liturgy of the Hours reading for the eve of the Solemnity of Saint Joseph, husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

I was meditating on this reading last night as I was heading home . . . thinking about how it applies to work (whether self-employed or for others), housework, ministry of any kind. Although I don't always remember this particular passage itself, I do strive to follow its guidance.  Too often, though, I do fall short, sometimes woefully short. But, with the Lord's grace, I usually pick myself up and continue my (focused) efforts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dr. Marcellino D'Ambrosio has a couple of reflections as we celebrate St. Joseph today.

The first is from the Office of Readings for today. It is an excerpt from a homily by Saint Bernardino of Siena:
Saint Bernardino of Siena: "St. Joseph: Foster Father of Jesus"

The second is Dr. D'Ambrosio's reflection on the faith of St. Joseph:
Dr. Marcellino D'Ambrosio: St. Joseph's Claim to Fame""

No comments:

Post a Comment