01 May 2013

Rebecca Hamilton on Life as a Journey Toward Heaven

“I have a friend who told me once that her goal in life was to go to heaven.

“I found this a little startling at the time. I had always thought of going to heaven as more of a by-product than a goal. My view was something like ‘you follow Jesus and trust Him and going to heaven is a by-product of that.’

“I had never considered that heaven might be a goal that you aimed for all on its own. However, this particular friend is such a good Christian and so deeply wise in ways that I am still learning that I never questioned that there was a truth I didn’t understand in what she had said.”

In a recent commentary, writer (and Oklahoma State Representative) Rebecca Hamilton reflected on heaven as a destination of a life lived in Christ.

To access her complete post, please visit:

Public Catholic: Pope Francis: The Whole Journey of Life is a Journey of Preparation for Heaven (27 APR 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment